(Photo : Ethan Miller/Getty Images) A Google logo is shown on a screen during a keynote address by CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group Richard Yu at CES 2017 at The Venetian Las Vegas on January 5, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada. CES, the world's largest annual consumer technology trade show, runs through January 8 and features 3,800 exhibitors showing off their latest products and services to more than 165,000 attendees.
Google Chrome is the world's most popular web browser and has over 1 billion monthly active users. The Google's web browser is unique in its own way and has some interesting and helpful features that no other browser has, including a small game. Google Chrome has certain tricks and features up its sleeve.
Google Chrome's Task Manager
There is a task manager for managing each and every task in Chrome. Just like Windows Task Manager, the Chrome's task manager shows which tabs are consuming more memory and CPU. The task manager can be accessed by pressing Shift + Esc.
Using Chrome as a notepad
For saving a quick note, Google Chrome can be used as a handy notepad. Just type "data:text/html, " into the URL bar and press enter. The current Chrome tab will turn into a notepad and the work can be typed and saved in there.
Tweaking the Chrome's settings
Just like Firefox, Chrome also has an internal page which can tweek its settings. Chrome://flags is a page containing numerous editable settings to tweek the functionality of the browser. A browser restart is required to apply the changes and the user can use 'reset all to default option' if anything goes wrong with the settings.
© 2017 Mstars News, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
- Enable Resume Downloads: This setting will give you the ability to resume downloads that might have been interrupted unexpectedly.
- Enable Password Generation: Chrome can suggest complex passwords (via a key icon) whenever it detects that the user is on a signup page.
- Save Passwords Automatically: Enabling this feature Chrome can save passwords automatically without even a prompt. This feature can come in handy if the user wants to save every password when he/she logs in into a website.
- Enable Spell Correction: Chrome can alter while the user is typing by enabling automatic spelling correction.
- Easy Scrolling: Chrome OS comes with a feature that performs behind-the-scenes to help the pages being scrolled smooth easily from top to bottom. This feature can help the pages flow even when the system is struggling.