Though you are probably more interested in what characters are appearing in 2015's Star Wars: Episode VII (or maybe who will be cast, or maybe just a hint at the plot line), news about another Sci-Fi sequel might have a huge affect on the anticipated J.J. Abrams-directed film. In fact, this news has a huge affect on Abrams, too! His other franchise, Star Trek, is apparently filming next year according to star Zachary Quinto. This means that the sequel to Star Trek Into Darkness could be opening against Abram's first Star Wars movie!
During a special public interview at the 2013 Galway Film Fleadh on Friday, July 12, "Heroes" star Zachary Quinto talked about his career and his future as well. His recent success as Spock in the Star Trek franchise was of course the main focus of the interview, so he let revealed the possible shooting schedule for the next chapter of the franchise.
"Star Trek 3 should be filming, I suppose, next year. It's going to be made a lot quicker than the last one. That's the plan, although nothing is confirmed yet."
Quinto also mentioned that Abrams would be helming the next movie as he did the previous two. If this is true, J.J. would be directing two HUGE movies for 2015 release. Also, this opens up the possibility that Trek and Wars would be opening very close to each other if not the same day even!
If we can take one very positive thing away from this story, it's that 2015 sounds amazing in terms of movies. But Quinto probably spoke a little out of turn, especially saying that Abrams would helm Star Trek 3 when he will clearly have his hands full with Episode VII.
But what do you think? J.J. Abrams directing both franchises with each movie filming in 2014? Is this possible?
According to a recent New York Times article on Abrams attempting to take on both franchises in the future, he might be stretched too thin to do this. The article said:
"He was noncommittal about directing a third Star Trek, except to say that Bad Robot would produce it. He said it was unlikely that Paramount would wait another four years for such a film, in which case his Star Wars schedule would likely conflict with it."
This article was published earlier in the year, though, so it is definitely possible that Abrams has changed his mind.© 2017 Mstars News, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.