The newest season of "Survivor" has the added subtitle "Blood vs. Water" for good reason. According to CBS and the reality show's host Jeff Probst, this upcoming 2013 season will have loved ones facing off against each other as well as the other cast members. Speaking of cast member, the show's first promotional shot has been released, revealing the new castaways we get to meet on Sunday, September 29!
Here are the cast members and their information:
- Colton Cumbie (Survivor: One World) and his fiancee.
- Gervase Peterson (Survivor: Borneo) and his niece.
- Tyson Apostol (Survivor: Tocantins and Heroes vs. Villains) and his girlfriend.
- Candace Woodcock (Survivor: Cook Islands and Heroes vs. Villains) and her husband.
- Kat Edorsson (Survivor: One World) with boyfriend Hayden Moss (Big Brother Season 12 winner).
- Monica Culpepper (Survivor One World) and her husband, Brad Culpepper (former NFL player).
- Aras Baskauskas (Winner of Survivor: Panama) and his brother.
- Rupert Boneham (Survivor: Heroes vs Villains, All-Stars and Pearl Islands) and his wife.
- Laura Morett (Survivor: Samoa) and her daughter.
- Tina Wesson (Winner of Survivor: Australia) and her daughter.
Probst and CBS have also revealed a number of new rules and stipulations for the new season of "Survivor":
© 2017 Mstars News, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
- The season will be comprised of 39-and-a-half days, kicking off with "Day Zero," where 10 pairs of loved ones will be sent out to different locations at sunset. "The whole idea was to try and get them thinking and maybe believing that they would play as a pair," Probst explained.
- The loved ones will then be split into two tribes, with returning players on Galang and their heretofore believed-to-be partner on Tadhana.
- Redemption Island will return after three seasons, this time revolving around a three-person contest in which the last-place finisher is sent home.
- Contestants will be permitted to swap places with their loved ones in these duels.