In a recent Northwest Prime radio interview with "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie producer Dana Brunetti, several "secret" details surrounding the erotic film and it's casting were revealed. According to Brunetti, fans "might be disappointed" with E.L. James' choice for Anastasia Steele's kinky lover, Christian Grey. So wait - no Matt Bomer, Henry Cavill, or Ian Somerhalder? Read on for more juicy deets!
Here's the top 5 "insider" details revealed by Brunetti during the exclusive radio interview (broken-down by The Stir):
1. One thing's definitely for sure - the highly-anticipated film adapatation of "Fifty Shades" will definitely hit theaters on August 1, 2014!
2. Apparently, several fans might be disappointed with the casting choice for the handsomely seductive Christian Grey. Brunetti insists that fans must understand how difficult such casting decisions can be - the personal image of a beloved character one individual reads in a book rarely matches the onscreen depiction. Brunetti assumes that many people will be unhappy with the choice of Mr. Grey and Miss Steele no matter which two stars producers pick.
3. Still, Brunetti confirms that James and producers ARE taking constant fan-chatter into account - several other factors are still going into the decision.
4. The biggest hold-up with casting - onscreen chemistry between the two lead roles is a must! Brunetti explains that they need to do a chemistry test between the actors before signing. Whoever plays kinky Mr. Grey will have to test well with whichever Hollywood beauty lands the part of Steele. Apparently, Grey will be casted first, and then Steele (that's not definite, just an assumption).
5. Currently, there's no official plan to produce "Fifty Shades Darker" or "Fifty Shades Freed" follow-up films! Producers want to, but their focus is entirely on the first film right now.
What do "Fifty Shades" fans think about what Brunetti had to say? Does this mean Christian Grey fan-favorites Matt Bomer, Henry Cavill, and Ian Somerhalder don't stand a chance?