The second half of Season 3 of ABC's wildly successful hit Scandal has been reduced to just eight episodes thanks to Kerry Washington's pregnancy. That's the bad news. The good news is that we've got plenty of spoilers to tide you over until the show returns on Feb. 27.
TVLine posted a series of spoilers about the show, which last saw Olivia Pope's mother, Maya, somehow sneak back into the country and place a phone call from outside the White House lawn. Cyrus also helped Vice President Sally Langston cover up her murder of her husband. Check out the spoilers below:
- The final eight episodes of Season 3 will focus more often on Fitz's (Tony Goldwyn) reelection campaign. But of course, things will not go smoothly, as various skeletons in the closet will emerge. On that subject, executive producer Betsy Beers teased to TVLine that "it's going to be interesting to see how much the fat lady sung" with regard to Daniel Douglas' (Sally Langston's husband) murder, which Cyrus and Sally staged as a heart attack.
- If and when Olivia learns that Jake is now Command of B613, then Beers believes there would be "an incredibly complicated combo plate of reactions."
- Beers also teased that Quinn's status as a gladiator might not be officially revoked despite Huck's scathing remarks toward her.
- Jon Tenney (The Closer) will have a multi-episode arc as a love interest for Mellie (Bellamy Young).
- Fitz and Olivia will continue to find their way to each other despite the chaos around them. "Fitz and Olivia are always intertwined in very odd and new ways," Beers said. "I would expect that that's something that will continue."
What are you most excited for in the rest of Season 3, Scandal fans? Let us know in the comments below.© 2017 Mstars News, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.