The Man of Steel sequel currently known as Batman vs. Superman is already one of the most anticipated films in an extremely loaded movie schedule in 2015. New rumors, casting news and nuggets of information have trickled out in the months since the film's announcement in July at Comic-Con, and some more tidbits have surfaced thanks to a pretty reliable source.
Jett over at Batman-on-Film has landed some scoops in the past about Batman movies, and he recently published his 2014 Happy New Year Mailbag in which he answered some questions about Batman vs. Superman. In it, he addressed Jason Momoa, Wonder Woman and more. Comic Book Therapy has pulled some of the highlights:
- Jett has been told that the movie is a legitimate Superman sequel and not a Justice League movie as many expect. He also expects another Superman sequel without any other DC characters in the future.
- He expects that fans would get a first look at Ben Affleck as Batman around the time the movie starts to film in February. He also expects Batman's character to be "a healthy amount of Dark Knight Return, a bit of Kingdom Come and just a dash of Batman Beyond."
- Wonder Woman's role could be described as a "cameo plus" similar to Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow in Iron Man 2.
- Contrary to rumors, Jason Momoa will not portray Martian Manhunter or Aquaman, as neither character is present in the film.
- Arrow's inclusion in the DC Cinematic Universe is not likely.
- No Batman villains will appear in the film.
- Batman's costume will probably not have any shades of blue or tights, but the Batsuit will likely feature more armor with Batman Beyond and/or Kingdom Come flavors.
Of course, take all this with a grain of salt until official announcements occur, although Jett is usually pretty reliable with his information.
Batman vs. Superman hits theaters on July 17, 2015.© 2018 Mstars News, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.